Food and Drink Policy
Speed Library strives to provide a welcoming atmosphere that ensures the right of all users to undisturbed study. We are pleased to adopt a food policy based on cooperation and mutual respect that integrates our responsibility to protect library materials, equipment, and furniture.
Food and drink are allowed in public areas of the library under the following conditions:
- Drinks are limited to those in closed containers such as covered cups, cans, or water bottles.
- Wrapped snacks are permitted such as chips, cookies, and candy.
- Other foods are not considered snack food and are not allowed.
- Covered beverages and snacks are NOT permitted:
- at electronic workstations
- in microform & copying areas
- in the MC Archives Room
- in the CIV Room
- in specific areas as posted
- Delivery of food to the Library is not allowed.
- Spills should be reported immediately to library staff at the circulation or reference desk.
- Be respectful of others by discarding or disposing of trash properly.