Study Room Policy
The Speed Library will only allow one person per study room for Fall 2020 due to COVID-19. We apologize for any inconvenience. This semester there will be three rooms in the basement and two rooms available for study.
- Rooms are available on a “first come, first serve” basis and cannot be reserved.
- There are three rooms in the basement and two rooms available for individual study this semester.
- Study room privacy is not guaranteed.
- Speed Library staff reserve the right to enter any group study room at any time.
- Any obstruction of windows is prohibited.
- Occupants must conform to Mississippi College’s policies for personal conduct.
- Study rooms are intended for academic work.
- While the group study rooms are designed for group use, they are not soundproof. Please be considerate of other library users and maintain reasonable noise levels. To prevent noise from leaving the room, the door should be closed when the room is occupied. If noise levels remain a disruption after being addressed by library staff once, an individual may be asked to leave.
- Only covered beverages are welcome in the Library.
- Books, journals, and other materials belonging to the library should not be left in the study rooms. Furniture should not be added or removed from the study rooms.
- Students should leave the rooms in good condition, with the boards erased and trash disposed properly.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to "hold" a room by any individual or group.
- If items are left in an otherwise empty study room, they will be removed and can be picked up at the circulation desk.